Case study: VMware™ cloud data centre
Knowledge Powered Solutions: knowledge management software
Knowledge Powered Solutions sought a responsive provider with whom to develop a flexible and dependable cloud platform.
1st Easy service summary:
- VMware powered cloud data centre
- UK based telephone and ticket support
- Cloud consultancy
- Over 100 organisations worldwide — Credit Suisse, Serco, United HealthCare, BT, and the Department of Transport (UK & Australia) among them — use knowledge management software designed and deployed by KPS to increase their productivity, reduce operational costs and enrich their customer service offerings.
- Their Knowledge Management System can be set up as a stand-alone service, or it can be integrated with existing call handling, service desk and CRM applications.
- KPS have at least one thing in common with a lot of 1st Easy customers — they initially made contact after a trusted recommendation.
- Website: http://www.kpsol.com
- KPS now have the infrastructure they need, without the capital expense or management overhead.
- They can scale this infrastructure as and when they need to without detailed planning.
- Cloud allows KPS to escape their reliance on individual hardware appliances: the fault-tolerant cloud has reduced the risk of downtime.
“A dependable, flexible platform — without the capital investment and management overhead”
KPS wanted a dependable and flexible platform to host their knowledge management software solution. In particular, they were looking for an infrastructure that could be procured without the need for heavy capital investment, and without the overheads and responsibilities involved with managing physical systems. The answer seemed to lie in a virtualised, cloud-based infrastructure.
Another important consideration for KPS was the need for a dependable platform: serving customers from time zones all over the world meant that their systems had to be up and running 24 hours a day, without incident. For a SaaS (Software as a Service) application, uptime is understandably critical.
Smaller, agile, responsive…
These were important qualities that KPS sought in a cloud infrastructure provider — a way of working that would allow them to be as flexible as possible over time as their requirement changed. Indeed, as Roger Haddon, Managing Director at Knowledge Powered Solutions outlined:
“One of the reasons that we felt comfortable working with 1st Easy was that we saw something of ourselves in the way that Steve and Dean went about their business with us. In talking things through with them, we felt we were being listened to, and that every effort was being made to accommodate our plans.”
“In practice, with live systems up and running, our experience with 1st Easy has proven to be just as good as we’d anticipated from our initial meetings. The attention to detail and customer care has continued right through from the pre-sales relationship into ongoing support. Now that we have an established platform, we’re looking forward to working with 1st Easy as we implement the next exciting stage of our service offerings.”
Roger Haddon — Managing Director, Knowledge Powered Solutions